My best childhood friend’s mother, Barbara, was (and still is!) the most wonderful and gracious hostess! I remember as kids we would go to Sarah’s house to watch movies and Barbara would appear with gorgeous platters of fruit and her famous caramel brownies.
Sarah and I lived together in New York when we first graduated from college. Anytime Barbara came to visit, she would spoil us with all sorts of fabulous goodies, including these fabulous Candied Pecans.
1 pound of pecan halves
1 t. cold water
1 egg white
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 c. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white and water until foamy. (This takes just a few minutes.)
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the pecans into the bowl with the foamy egg and toss to evenly coat all of the pecans.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pecans and fold with a rubber scraper until all of the sugar mixture is coating the pecans.
- Spread the pecans into a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes of cooking.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!!
Here you can see the foamy egg whites…
And the mixture combined and ready to be poured onto the sheet pan…
And out of the oven. Easy!